Saturday, April 20, 2013

The best laid plans...

My bachelor party is this afternoon/tonight.  So as not to endanger my current job, I'll simply say that a few of my college and high school friends are taking me out on a perfectly respectable tour of Philadelphia's finest drinking establishments.

I almost ruined it this morning though when I went on a 5.5 mile run.  I was a mere block from home, running down the crowded sidewalk, when a family appeared ahead of me.  Attempting to avoid them, I veered towards the curb between a tree and a parked car.  That's when the curb jumped up and grabbed me and made me roll the bejesus out of my ankle.  I screamed in shock/pain, steadied myself against a street sign as the immediate pain subsided, then hobbled home and immediately elevated it and applied ice.

The curb in question

I was annoyed that I may have ruined my own party and had pictures in my head of the guys carrying me all over the city tonight, but I think the worst is behind me now.  I can put weight on it, and it's only a little sore.

Off to the bachelor party...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...