Saturday, November 26, 2011

Gobbler Run 5k

Ran the 5th annual Gobbler Run 5k this morning at Camp Ockanickon, the place where I worked for several years before becoming a teacher.  Camp is one of my favorite places in the world, so I try to get back a few times a year.

The course had to be changed at the last minute this year, and there were no course maps available, which may be why I ended up cutting the race short towards the end.  I was able to double back and find the correct path, and my error didn't affect my place in the standings.  I ended up finishing in 22:20, which is pretty slow for me, but camp is not a place to set a PR.  With its many hills and sharp turns and narrow trails, it is far from a fast course.

2nd place in my age group

After the race, a man approached me and asked, "is your name Scott?"  Turns out he's been following this blog since last March when we both raced in the Oddman, and he recognized me from the various pictures I've posted.

Thanks for reading, James, and congrats on winning our age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...