Monday, July 11, 2011

Movie Monday XXII

One of the most popular marathon videos on YouTube, this one documents one woman's debut marathon back in 2005.  Shortly after the race, she compiled her thoughts into a coherent piece, which she uses to narrate the video.  It's a well-made video from the perspective of a novice marathoner.

Perhaps even more interesting is the debate found in the comments section that rages on to this day.  Because she finished in over five and a half hours, the debate mirrors this entry from a few months ago about slow runners.  As she says, "it's not about time or place.  Like life, it's about the journey."

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed watching this. She ran because she loved to run, no matter how fast she was doing it. And she also expresses the importance of a positive attitude (believing in your abilities).

    For me, personally, I want to put the training time in and to race to the best of my abilities. I have no illusion that I'll ever reach elite numbers, but if I can run most of it and give it all I have, then I will be happy.

    Let's hope for a sub-5 :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...