Monday, September 28, 2015

Movie Monday: Would you still do it?

I ran my first half marathon in 2001 when the only way to brag about such an event was to write a mass e-mail to friends and family.  I ran my first marathon in 2005 during the age of MySpace, but still well before what we currently associate with the term "social media."

10 years later, I continue to run half marathons and marathons, yet I now tell everyone about it on Facebook, Twitter and this blog.  I have yet to get into Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, Periscope, or whatever else is out there, and I honestly hope I never do.

Which is why I love this commercial from running apparel company Pearl Izumi.  It asks the question, who do you run for?  Is it to impress countless faceless strangers on the internet, or is it for your own health and well-being?  If social media didn't exist, would you still do it?

Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...