Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Boston Marathon finish line

I've joked here and with friends that I refuse to go to Boston unless I am on my way to run the marathon there.  I broke that vow tonight.

Stevie and I are on a roadtrip throughout New England, and on our way to Portland, ME last night, we stopped off in Boston to visit one of Stevie's friends.  Since we were going to be in Boston anyway, I insisted on seeing the finish line on Boylston Street.

We're a week away from the marathon, but the finish area is already a madhouse.  Press vans and tents are set up everywhere.  Bleachers line one end of the street.  Scaffolding stretches across the street for photographers.  Turns out I could barely get near the famed finish line.


Even though I don't get to run this year, being there and seeing the hype firsthand only make the anticipation for next year that much stronger.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. Awesome! Good luck in 2015!
    - Tom from FL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...