Friday, March 14, 2014

2014 HTHS dodgeball tournament

Dodgeball tournament tonight at the school.

A group of students from the crew team asked me to join their team.  They decided to name the team "The Hitmen," and came up with the brilliant team uniform of dress shirts and ties.





























It was mayhem out on the courts, though not in our favor.  Like last year, we did not draw any easy teams.  They were all made up of spry student athletes with cannons for arms.  We barely eeked out a win in the first game, and then were promptly dispatched in the next two games.

I played like crap, and as an athlete that bothers me more than I would like it to, considering this was just a fun charity dodgeball event.  I just felt sluggish and slow the whole night, two words that have described nearly every workout I've done over the last month.  Didn't feel like I was contributing to the team at all.

There were no consolation games either, so after our third game we were done for the night.

On the plus side, dodgeball tournaments inspire the best team names:


  • The Dodgefathers
  • Hold my Balls
  • Girls with Balls
  • The Ballhawks
  • The Brooklyn Dodgers
  • The Traffic Dodgers
  • I'd Hit That
  • Spheres to the Ears
  • Vicious and Delicious
  • All Dodge and No Balls
  • All Work and No Balls Makes Johnny a Dull Boy

I may have made up that last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...