Sunday, March 17, 2013

Running in New York

I'm in New York for the weekend with Stevie to see some friends and take in a show.  Naturally I brought my running clothes with me so I could go running on a frigid St. Patty's Day morning in Astoria.

Running across the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge in New York City

Someone get me a modeling contract ASAP.

It was 33 degrees, and to pack light I only brought one long sleeved shirt and no pants, so it was rather frigid while crossing the bridge and back this morning.  All in a day's work.

Then we went to see "Nice Work If You Can Get It" on Broadway, an old-school screwball musical comedy that was supposed to star Matthew Broderick, but we only got to see his understudy.

Finally on to the Molly Wee, my favorite bar in Manhattan (probably because it's the only Manhattan bar I've been to more than once), for some St. Patty's Day festivities.

Paul, Stevie and me at the Molly Wee

Every time I come to Manhattan I marvel at how I live an easy 1.5 hour busride from one of the greatest cities on earth, and yet I rarely make the trip up, and every time I do make the trip, I vow to come up more often.  We're already planning on coming back up during my spring break in a few weeks to see another show.

Remind me to bring another layer of clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...