Monday, September 3, 2012

A New Hampshire Wedding

Bates friends surround the groom

Another summer, and another wedding at which Tahsin and I end up being each others' dates.  He has already told me he wants to be my date at my own wedding next spring.

Tahsin just completed his first ironman in July, and was the first Bangladeshi to ever do so, which I plan to write about soon.  While talking about future races, he mentioned that he is doing Boston in the spring, as the company he works for has ten numbers set aside for employees.

Me: Man, I would love to do Boston.  I'm still working my way towards it.
Tahsin: Do you want a number?
Me: What?!
Tahsin: There are about four extras.  One e-mail right now and you're in.

It was astonishing to me that something I've been dreaming about for so long, something I assumed could only be achieved through months of blood, sweat and tears, could suddenly be accomplished through a few taps on a smartphone.

I thought about it briefly but turned him down.  I'm still kind of obsessed with qualifying again, you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...