Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Running in Serbia II


Another run here in Belgrade.  30 minutes out and back, mostly along a pedestrian route, so much better than my first run here.  The second half was all uphill again, though.

I really didn't want to go running this morning.  I was in a small room with a very loud snorer last night, then finally switched to the bean bag in the TV room, but had to suffer the comings and goings of people all night.  Obviously I didn't sleep well.

But tonight I'm boarding a night train to Bulgaria, and tomorrow night I'm boarding another night train to Turkey, so I may not be able to run for a few days.  I knew I had to run this morning whether I wanted to or not.

Istanbul will be my final stop of this trip, and I'll have a full week to find running routes and get some training done.  Then I head home for a week, then off to Florida to visit Stevie's family.  It's hard to keep up training while traveling, but it's a decent price to pay to be out in the world and experiencing so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...