Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tynemouth, England

I'm now in Tynemouth, England, just outside of Newcastle, on the coast of the North Sea.  I'm staying with my friend Alan from college, who is currently pursuing a PhD at Newcastle University.

I once mentioned that the town where I live is charming, but frankly, Tynemouth makes it look like a war zone inside a third world country inside Snookie's bedroom.  Tynemouth is a small village with a main street running perperndicular to the sea.  There are cliffs, and bays, and beaches, and quiet English pubs, and noisy English pubs, the ruins of a castle and church, and a lighthouse.

Today I ran out to that lighthouse and up and down the coast which was one of the greatest runs I've had in a long time.  Nice scenery makes all the difference.  

Can you see me?
Photo by Alan Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...