Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Cambridge Punter

I'm now in Cambridge, England, staying with my favorite couple, George and Lee.

Trying to turn the boat


Today's exercise came in the form of punting along the River Cam in downtown Cambridge with Glee.  What's punting?  Just think of the gondolas of Venice with cooler weather and a lot less sun.  Or just look at the pictures above.

It was one of the nicest travel experiences I've ever had: gliding lazily down the river, taking in the various colleges whose buildings date back centuries, playing bumper boats with the other punts, all while working the abs and testing my balance.

We spent an hour on the river, Lee and I taking turns as Captain while George worked on her tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...