Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Runday

20 miles today.

Not as awful as I would have thought given the mudrun yesterday and the fact that all runs recently have been slow and torturous.    Some notes:

  • My shoes were still soaked from the mudrun, so I had to use a brand new, straight-out-of-the-box pair of Nikes.  It's a total myth that this is a bad idea.  The design of shoes these days is good enough to prevent blisters or any other mishaps without breaking them in.
  • Only stopped once for the bathroom.
  • Extremely thankful I started at 9am and got a good night's sleep last night.  Makes all the difference.
  • Ran into Suze at around mile 13.  She was doing a 7 miler in preparation for the Broad Street Run, and we had arranged to meet afterwards, but it was nice seeing her on my route.  Talking with someone helps distract from the thought that I am running 20 freaking miles.
  • Clocked in at 3:01:23.  The usual aches and pains by the end, but felt surprisingly strong, which is nice because I haven't felt that in awhile.

After running, Suze came over for Sunday brunch:


We made waffles with blueberries and chocolate chips, scrambled eggs with onions, tomatoes, cheese and avocado, bacon, and toast, washed down with OJ.

Hell of a way to finish Sunday Runday.

1 comment:

  1. Sunday Runday! Though I think both of us are changing our long runs to Saturday. Saturday Runday just doesn't have that special ring to it...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...