Friday, January 15, 2016

Coffee date

Let's catch up, shall we?

  • I'm back in NJ and back to work, as the picture might suggest.
  • I need a haircut.
  • I had another student teacher working with me for the last two weeks.  I brought her a cup of coffee from Dunkin' Donuts on her first day and neglected to tell her my cup had vanilla chai in it.  The next day she returned the favor, though I didn't have the heart to tell her I don't like coffee.
  • Yes I'm still streaking.
  • I haven't raced since the Turkey Trot in November.  
  • My mileage hasn't gone above seven miles since the marathon.  Most days it's just a single mile.
  • I don't want to think about how much fitness I lost during the holidays or how much weight I gained.
  • I'm pretty excited I don't have a major race coming up this spring, which means I don't have to train so hard in awful winter conditions again.  With my luck, though, this will be a mild winter with barely any snow.
  • The 2,015 in 2015 challenge I was a part of last year is happening again this year. I constantly see articles about it on running and fitness websites and it's even being promoted by some of the bigger running bloggers I follow.  For the first time in my life, it seems I was a part of something before it became popular.
  • I'm not taking part in the 2,016 in 2016 challenge.
  • I recently submitted a piece of writing to a running magazine (not Runner's World), and less than 24 hours later they e-mailed me back saying they would love to publish it.  Seeing as the last (and only) time I've published a piece of writing they took almost two years to get back to me, I'd say this is an improvement.
  • Unfortunately, unlike last time, there is no pay for this one.  A trusted freelance friend from high school is always saying to never work for free, but I guess I'll make an exception this time.  The piece will appear at the end of February, and I'm sure I'll make a big deal about it then.
  • A history teacher at my school is leading a trip to Washington, D.C. next month to visit the Holocaust Museum, and I might get the chance to come along to help chaperone.  I'm very excited at this prospect (inasmuch as one can be excited to spend the whole day thinking about mass genocide) because I've never been to the Holocaust Museum and I'm sure it will be fascinating, albeit depressing.
  • What's new with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...