Sunday, February 23, 2014

Running in Central Park

























Stevie and I spent last night with a friend of hers who lives near Central Park in NYC.

Notes from a Central Park 7 miler:

  • Still a lot of slush on the paths, but clear roads.
  • There was a marathon/half marathon going on in the park today.  If I had known about it I would have definitely signed up for the half.
  • This is the second time I've come to NYC on the weekend of a half marathon and not known about it.  
  • It was an utterly glorious day to be out running.  Temps in the low 50's, not a cloud in the sky, runners everywhere, all in one of the greatest cities in the world.
  • There were runners everywhere, not just from the race.  The sense of camaraderie was nice.
  • Despite the great conditions, I never quite hit that runner's high I was hoping for.  I've felt a little tired, sluggish and just out of it lately.  I was happy to finish the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...