Stevie and I spent last night with a friend of hers who lives near Central Park in NYC.
Notes from a Central Park 7 miler:
- Still a lot of slush on the paths, but clear roads.
- There was a marathon/half marathon going on in the park today. If I had known about it I would have definitely signed up for the half.
- This is the second time I've come to NYC on the weekend of a half marathon and not known about it.
- It was an utterly glorious day to be out running. Temps in the low 50's, not a cloud in the sky, runners everywhere, all in one of the greatest cities in the world.
- There were runners everywhere, not just from the race. The sense of camaraderie was nice.
- Despite the great conditions, I never quite hit that runner's high I was hoping for. I've felt a little tired, sluggish and just out of it lately. I was happy to finish the run.