Monday, January 21, 2013

On angry running

For those of you who like to bitch about how teachers get summers off, may I kindly remind you of the work we put in during the school year.

I have the day off of school today, but I've spent the majority of it at the kitchen table grading tests and papers.  The end of the marking period coupled with midterms has made me struggle to keep up.

Getting stuff done at the kitchen table next to a giant mural of the world

I knew what I was getting into when I signed up for this gig, so I won't complain too much, but it doesn't make days like today any less miserable.

So I went for an angry run tonight.  Four miles in the freezing cold darkness turned into something of a tempo run.  It was nice to get outside for a bit and feel the pain of the cold and to get my mind off of work for awhile.

Now excuse me while I go look up margarita recipes for this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...