Sunday, November 18, 2012

2012 Philadelphia Marathon

In case you stumbled upon this blog entry from Google, I'll first admit that I didn't run the marathon this year. So if you're looking for a race report, unfortunately I can't help you.

Finish line

I can, however, tell you a little about it, as I headed in this morning to cheer on my friend Amy who was running the half.

Stevie and I headed over to the finish line near the art museum where I climbed a tree to get the above shot. The people below me were none too happy.

We then had to zigzag around the streets and barricades to make it to a spot about a half mile from the finish where we planned to run with her for a bit.  This is where we saw these wonderfully off-color posters:


Amy ended up straining her groin and had to walk most of the last four miles, but when she turned up we jumped right in with her and took some pictures:

Stevie and Amy in the final half mile of the half marathon

Amy in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art

Amy finished the race in 3:12:04, which she seemed upset about, but I reminded her that because it's her first half, it's automatically a PR, and now she has something to strive for next year.

After the race I gave Amy her Turkish rug
Congratulations on your first half, Amy, and I hope to join you out on the course next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...