Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

From cnn.com's homepage

I've had snow days from school before, both as a student and a teacher, but never in my life have I experienced a hurricane day.  But thanks to Hurricane Sandy hitting the east coast of the United States tonight, nearly every school in South Jersey is closed for today and tomorrow.

Naturally I still went running this morning.  Aside from a few large puddles, light rain and gusts of wind, it wasn't that bad.  I ran for my usual 30 minutes and got thoroughly soaked.  Now I'm safe and dry and ready to make some hurricane themed cocktails and watch Halloween movies.



If the media is to be believed, I'm about to be swept away by the floods and wind.  I'll let you know how we fare tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. When Issac hit Miami, I was on the treadmill for a 17 mile run...I thought the radar showed a clearing so I headed out and had about 5 really awesome miles... then it started and all I could do was laugh. But I didn't get blown away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 17 miles on a treadmill - that's dedication. I was in the Keys for the start of Isaac. The wind certainly made running more challenging.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...