Saturday, December 23, 2017

Who's Up 2017 Holiday Party

My dad specifically requested I write about the party the other night, so here goes:

My running group - Who's Up? - meets every Wednesday night at the Haddonfield Running Company.  We run 6.6 miles together, then drink beer in the store afterwards, courtesy of a different club member every week (big thanks to the employees of the HRC for letting us do this).  Every December, we adjourn to a local bar for a holiday get together.  I thought it might be fun to change things up and have a house party this year instead, and since I recently moved into a place .7 miles from the store, I offered up my house for the venue.

I also offered to be "up" and provided all of the beer; I went with mostly Christmas beers and naturally wrote out a menu for everyone.




I live right next door to my dad and step mom now, so my dad stopped by.  My dad is an avid runner and has run seven marathons in his day, and loves beer and talking shop with other runners, so he was in his element.


In addition to the beer, we had pizza from down the street, and a whole table of food that people brought.  I also got to use my fire place for the first time.  Between the Christmas tree, the fire, the candles, and the Christmas music playing, it was pretty damn cozy, if I do say so myself.



Two guys brought bottles of bourbon, and pretty soon we were breaking into that.  Because chasing an 11% beer with three fingers of whiskey is always a good idea...


All together we had about 30 or 40 people in my house.  Before too many people left it finally occured to us to get a picture.


By 11:30 the last people had left, and I was finally in bed by midnight.  At 6am the next day, I was up getting ready for work.

This was one of the best nights I've had in a long time, and hopefully this will become a new Who's Up tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...