Sunday, March 26, 2017

2017 Haddonfield Adrenaline 5k: Race Report

Ran the 12th annual Haddonfield Adrenaline 5k last weekend.  I love this race for so many reasons (flat and fast course, competitive field, great after party...) and try to do it every year. It's usually the first race of the year for me and a great time to shake off the winter cobwebs and assess where I'm at in terms of racing fitness.

The race happened to fall the day after St. Patty's Day this year, so rather than go out and drink my face off Friday night, I abstained from alcohol completely and went to bed around 10pm.  Because Stevie works on Saturday mornings, my dad met me at Haddonfield Memorial High School, the site for the start and finish of the race, so he could watch Neale while I ran.


Close to 9am we all gathered on Kings Highway, and I caught up with some people from Who's Up? towards the front of the pack of hundreds of runners.


The race was unremarkable, to be honest.  I ran hard, but without any specific preparation for the 5k distance this winter,  I finished in roughly the same time I do every year.


The winner finished in 14:42, by the way.  Like I said, it's a competitive race.

The after party was held at the gym of a nearby church with wine and kegs of Yards Pale Ale and Yards Brawler.

I love these guys.

Another great year in the books, and already looking forward to next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...