Friday, March 18, 2016

Like the Wind Magazine

Last summer I ran - and won - a clothing optional 5k race at a nudist resort in Pennsylvania. This may end up being the most ridiculous running experience of my life.

Two months ago I wrote about said race and submitted it to a running magazine in England. They wrote back immediately telling me they intended to publish it.  The magazine wouldn't be able to offer payment, but I was nevertheless thrilled.

At the end of February, the issue of that magazine was finally published, and on Wednesday of this week I finally received my contributor's copy in the mail, and I can now share it with all of you:

Like the Wind Magazine:


Like the Wind is a quarterly magazine published in London by runners, for runners, and now shipped and stocked internationally.  It was founded in 2014, and this most recent issue is their 8th.

It features running stories of all types from contributors all around the world.  It is essentially a literary journal for runners, so it dispenses with the endless advertising and "How to..." articles and sticks to the heart of what makes running so alluring to so many.

What further sets it apart from other running magazines is the artwork. Each piece includes an accompanying original piece of art, also from independent contributors.  Here is the painting that accompanied my piece, by Mark Frudd:



I'm pretty sure I'm going to contact Mark and see if I can buy a print of this painting from him.

I encourage you to buy a copy of the magazine yourself, not just because I'm in it, but because it truly is a beautiful magazine.  The photographs, the artwork, the layout, the thick quality of the paper and the general spirit all come together to create something to behold. I'm proud to have contributed to such a distinctive magazine, and look forward to reading future issues.

If you want to order a copy of the magazine, order any of the artwork, or simply check out what they're all about, check out their website by clicking the link below:

Like the Wind

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...