Friday, June 15, 2012

School's out for summer

Celebrating the end of the school year

Last day of the school year today.  The last two weeks in particular were rather tough as I prepared for finals week, so as soon as I got home this afternoon I went on the roof with Stevie and a bottle of champagne.  I fired the cork well out of sight, poured two glasses, and then chugged from the bottle instead.  We spent an hour or so on the roof, Stevie listening as I voiced the pros and cons of the year and what I plan to change next year.  It was nice to think out loud and process all that I had just been through.  My first year was certainly challenging, but not without its rewards.

Tonight at graduation, my five seniors all found me after the ceremony and we took a group photo, then had a group hug before parting ways.

And tonight I received an e-mail from a parent/fellow teacher:

"Scott, thank you for everything this year in regards to my son.  He speaks highly of you and enjoyed your class.  Have a great summer."

And now, I relax, and enjoy some time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...