Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's Thursday.  In just three days, I'll be tackling marathon #9 up in Kingfield, ME and surrounding areas.

Pine Tree State here I come.

A fellow blogger from New England who is also running the Sugarloaf Marathon kindly put together this elevation chart, which I kindly appropriated for my own blog.


As we can see, there is a steady climb during miles 8, 9, and 10, and then it's literally all downhill from there.

Also notable is the Sugarloaf Marathon's standing in the top ten list of finishers that BQ.  As noted already, I am not aiming to BQ in this race.  My training this spring simply isn't sufficient to break 3:05.  As much as I would love a freak performance like last September's half marathon in which I PR'd by over 5 minutes on minimal training, I just don't think it's in the cards.

Until then, the hay is in the barn, as the saying goes.  Just trying to enjoy my taper for now, and get myself up to Maine in one piece this weekend, and come back the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...