Notes on today's long run:
- 1:45:21, roughly 12 miles. The longest run I've ever done in the month of February. Part of me is grateful we haven't had much snow this winter, which has allowed me to be more successful with running, but part of me is also longing for a good old fashioned snow day.
- It was 23 degrees when I set out, and I spent the whole time bracing myself against gusts of wind. It was pretty heinous.
- Stopping to relieve myself in such conditions is, uh, distinctly uncomfortable.
- My mittens work too well. I have a pair of Moss Brown and Co. Gortex mittens that my uncle gave me, but even in sub freezing temperatures, I found my hands sweating profusely until puddles of sweat formed in the tips. That's gross.
- I started out the run feeling sluggish and weak, but about halfway through I started to feel strong and confident. I love it when that happens.
- Boston, I'm coming for you.