Monday, April 21, 2014

Marathon Monday

Intended to run 20 miles this morning bright and early so I could come home and watch the Boston Marathon in its entirety, but you know how it goes.  I wasn't able to get myself out the door until 10:30.  I woke up later than I wanted and was watching coverage of the race online and was finding it hard to tear myself away.


I ran my 20 miles, and struggled in the final miles due to a bright sun and hottest temps of the year so far, and returned to see that Flanagan had fallen to 7th place overall.

Meanwhile, in the men's race:

From the New York Times


It was exciting to see that Meb Keflezighi had finally clinched his dream of winning Boston, and with only 11 seconds to spare, no less.

Overall a beautiful day for a race that seemed to go off without a hitch.  Regarding next year, I'm told that Stevie's family wants to fly up from Florida to spectate.  My dad and stepmother may come up as well.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...