Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Runner's World shrimp and beans

One of the reasons why I love Runner's World is because they post recipes in every issue.  I don't remember when they posted this recipe, but I've been making it for at least the last year.

Garlic Shrimp with white beans and tomatoes

Get yourself into the kitchen and make this.  Seriously.  It's incredibly easy and action packed with protein and flavor.

I like to change it up from the original recipe by using both black and white beans.  And instead of eating it as a stew, I boil it down some more to make it thick enough to put on tortillas and add cheese, avocado, spinach and sour cream.  This is the greatest advice you will ever receive.  You can thank me later.

First assemble your ingredients:

  • a
  • 1lb. shrimp
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can white beans
  • paprika
  • bay leaves
  • chicken broth
  • olive oil
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • cheddar cheese
  • sour cream
  • avocado
  • spinach

Make a stew out of the shrimp, beans, garlic and tomatoes.  Boil it all down so it becomes thick.


Then spoon it onto tortillas.  Don't forget to make it look pretty.


Or not.

This whole meal can seriously be made in a half hour and is incredibly easy, and I therefor can't recommend it enough.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...